Sign of the Hammer!

Saturday 15 June 2013

Psychedelic Stirs (or: I’ll Tell You What I Want, What I Really, Really Want...)


As I have doubtless noted in the past, the catalyst for my attempts at this comic-writing lark was the demented vulpine mechanism known as Owen Watts, and his Dr. WTF?! anthology. Well, Dr. WTF?! has morphed into ThePsychedelic Journal of Time Travel, and with its second issue (not quite sure when it’s out – end of August?) I make my return to its welcoming bosom. This time, I’m teamed up with the stunningly talented Bruno Stahl, whose work has previously graced the pages of Zarjaz. Instead of presenting a preview panel, I’m showing off a beautifully painted pic of the main cast, which I believe Bruno did before sinking his talons into the story proper.
 
Crikey! The story is called ‘Stand and Relive Her’ (though in an early draft, it was called ‘The Lady’s Not Returning’) and I am saying virtually nothing about what happens. Well, except that to note that it was written well before a certain hugely divisive British public figure (not pictured above!) shuffled off this mortal coil – but it at times does look a little as if it was inspired by that very event. Just a case of fortuitous timing – well, fortuitous for the comic, not so fortuitous for said public figure.

Anyway, if you want to feast your eyes on more of Bruno’s gorgeous fully-painted output, pop over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment